The June LSAT Test Date is on a Monday?

LSAT Blog June 2011 LSAT Test Date MondayAs I mentioned recently, the June LSAT is the only LSAT that's regularly held on a Monday. In October, December, and February, the LSAT is held on a Saturday. (Sabbath observers can always take it on weekdays.)

Test-takers are usually happy that the June LSAT is unique because it's the only exam that starts at 1PM, rather than at 9AM.

However, one blog reader recently wrote to me:



Today, I was looking at my registration, and I swear that I had registered for Saturday, but the test is on a Monday. I am really annoyed, since this is not very accommodating for working professionals like myself. Is it normal that all WORKING people have to take a Monday (vacation day) to take the test? Sorry to vent!

I suggested:
You could always email LSAC from several pseudonymous email accounts. I estimate it would take 20,000 emails to get them to change the date of the June exam.

What do you think?

Will those of you in the 9-to-5 grind be complaining to LSAC about the injustice of having to use a vacation day?

Will those of you working the retail/service industry grind be thanking LSAC for allowing you to take it on a day off?

Leave comments!

Photo by meddygarnet



9 comments:

  1. It doesn't bother me. I think the fact that I don't have to get up and out of the house before 6:30 am outweighs the fact that I have to take a day off work. Plus, I'll have the whole weekend to do last minute studying and relaxation, before the Monday test. If I had to take it on a Saturday, then I would be working and stressing the days before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, it doesn't bother me but only because my internship (oddly) starts on June 7, a Tuesday. Unfortunately I am taking the test in Florida and need to be in NYC hours after the LSAT. Ooops. I like the June 6 test. It makes me allude to D-Day often. #historynerd

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be worse. You could be a Peace Corps volunteer working in a country that doesn't 'normally' offer the LSAT. After arranging for a non-published international test center, paying the extra $349 dollars to establish the center you still have to pay for the seven hour bus ride to the testing site (~$40) and two nights in a hotel (~$50) on top of the two or three days of vacation you have to request. I'm not complaining; I'm glad I don't have to pay to fly to the nearest country that offers the test 'normally.' Although, I sort of wish I /just/ had to request a day off work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ecstatic that it's on a Monday at noon...I'm so not a morning person and like the idea of being able to take my time and relax in the morning before working my brain out for 3+ hours.

    I also work as a paralegal at a small law firm, and they are excited for me. So, they're all about giving me the day off to take the test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's OK. I just plan to make up my hours later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to be an attorney taking a day off should not be an issue, the test will help you reach your goal. So venting is useless. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For working professionals: Cost Benefit Analysis.

    Cost of writing the test on Monday is that you will have to take a Vacation Day or Sick Day Or just miss the day at work while not getting paid. Benefit would be that you would not have to wake up early, you can catch sleep properly, and will have weekend to relax before and clear your mind...

    One has to make up their mind whether the benefits out weight the cost one has to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymous on April 27, 2011.

    Whether one has to take a day off or not or go though a small hurdle through the process is not really relevant whether in doing so will allow you to reach your goal. Test will also not really help reaching goal, you can be attorney without writing LSAT by studying outside of US/Canada. Venting is also not useless because of everyone else feels the same and vents, LSAC will accommodate to the majority of the test taker and may change the test. Since venting may serve a purpose in any change pertinent to LSAT, it is not useless. I am just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find this quite perturbing. Saturday is obviously a common denominator when it comes to people having days off. Working professionals like myself are now going to have to use a precious vacation day on a grueling test, one that could have otherwise been spent on something that at the very least has some semblance of a vacation. Thanks LSAC for knowing your demographic and considering their needs.

    ReplyDelete