LSAT Test Anxiety


Let's talk a bit about LSAT test anxiety. I want you to take a moment and think this through: 


"What is literally the worst thing that would happen if the LSAT did not go well for you?"

3-5 years from now, you’ll look back and you’ll say, “My God, my LSAT this week, this weekend, went disastrously.” What would the consequences be? Walk through that. 


Take a moment, think over some of these best-case scenarios and worst-case scenarios. Sometimes it turns out that the worst case scenario isn't as bad as it could have been.

I was talking with a student of mine recently, and she was putting herself under a lot of stress, and she was feeling a lack of motivation, and part of that was simply because she thought that if the LSAT did not go well for her, she would have to go back to college and get a second bachelor's degree in order to become a masters in social work. 


I happen to know quite a few MSWs. So, I was able to set her straight and I was able to tell her, “Listen, it turns out that you don't need to change what you studied in undergrad and go back in order to have another shot and to go onto grad school in that area.” 


It turns out you can major in almost anything and get a master's in social work! And she was dreading having to tell her parents that she'd have to waste four years of her life and get another degree. Turns out it was all in her head and she didn't need to worry about any of that at all.



If you'd like more, check out my YouTube playlist on test anxiety.





No comments:

Post a Comment