Law School Application Resume Tips

LSAT Blog Law School Application Resume TipsAside from dealing with the LSAT and law school personal statements, you'll also have to put together a law school application resume.

For this reason, I've compiled the best links I found containing law school application resume tips.




Law School Application Resume Tips

Sample resumes from Anna Ivey's The Ivey Guide to Law School Admissions (PDF) (full disclosure: I'm featured in her book)

Written Supplements to the Law School Application: Resumes and Addenda (PDF)

Resumes for Law School Applications (PDF)

Résumé Writing for Law School Applications


For more guidance on putting together your law school application personal statement and resume, check out my Law School Admissions Guide and Law School Admissions Cheat Sheet.


Photo by oliviercharavel



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blog on resume writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many schools provide space within their primary application forms to fill in honors, extracirriculars, etc. However, this space is limited and I often can not fit all of information I would like to provide. Do you think it is ok to JUST write "please see resume," or should I fill the space with my most important examples and put "please see resume for further details."??

    ReplyDelete
  3. With boxes like that in the application, list the major activities that you can fit in the box, and then make a reference to the attached resume. From the admission folks I've talked to, they HATE it when you just say "See attachment"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have worked at my father's small, but highly regarded law firm various summers throughout high school and for the past 2 months I have been working there part time (5 years after graduating college). I do not know the dates which I used to work because it was pretty random and I did not keep a record. First question is: how should I include the experience/dates in my resume so the format flows with the rest of my work experience? My other work experience is listed with a start/end date as well as description, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When a school does not mention whether they require a resume, is it best to just include it with your application even though it was not expressly requested?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been searching the internet as well as this blog and I am not certain if I should include a cover letter with my resume for the law school application? It is not clear in the admissions process of the law school either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Promptly drawn by writer's specific strategy for creating.
    Joseph Hayon

    ReplyDelete