October 2010 LSAT Curve - PrepTest 61

LSAT Blog Fancy Line GraphJust wanted to let everyone interested know that I've included the October 2010 LSAT (PrepTest 61) "curve" data in my blog post containing all the other LSAT PrepTest raw score conversion charts.

The "curve" on the October exam was pretty generous. It allowed 12 incorrect answers to get a 170. (The average for September/October exams in recent years was only 10.25 incorrect answers).

The below chart contains recent data regarding the number of questions you could get wrong on recent exams and still achieve a particular scaled score (out of 180):

LSAT Blog December Curve Comparison Averages 2002-2009







This continues the trend of relatively generous curves in the most recent exams.

(See what it's taken to get an LSAT score of 160 or 170.)

How'd everyone do?


Photo by blprnt_van




12 comments:

  1. 174, up from 167 in June. God bless that curve. What causes the curve to become more generous? Is it an increased number of test takers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did shitty; thanks for asking. I took a practice test, then studied for 2 months. Took the real test, scored the same as my original practice test.

    Lame.

    Printed the test out, took it again, scored 10 points higher. WTF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank god for a generous curve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did horribly-12 points below all my practice scores. I'm retaking in February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 174! I was honestly a little disappointed, as I'd been getting consistent 179s the week before the test. However, my starting score was 162, so I really can't complain. (My best friend saw that I was disappointed and expressed her totally insincere sympathy (: ) I followed your 1-month study schedule (expanding it a bit as I actually had six weeks), and read just about every blog post. Thank you so much for your help! Now I'm using your posts on personal statements...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoshana and Anonymous,
    I hope that your arrogance serves you well in law school! We need more hot-headed lawyers in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Which of the following would weaken Cathy's argument?

    A) Historically those who retake their LSATs have a greater propensity for hubris
    B) Arrogant lawyers are generally content with their LSAT scores
    C) Many humble lawyers felt disappointment in scoring below their personal target LSAT score
    D) Only lawyers who scored high on the LSAT wind up being arrogant
    E) Over 50% of LSAT takers are going to be arrogant lawyers.


    Remember, choose the BEST answer.

    Caleb out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you have tried every other troubleshooting method, and it’s still not working, you need to execute the Linksys router firmware update.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Really great article. I'm glad to read the article. It is very informative for us, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It provides a collection of useful information.

    ReplyDelete