The Most Common Answer Choice on the LSAT

LSAT Blog Most Common Answer Choice LSATLSAT Blog reader Brett recently analyzed the LSAT PrepTest Answer Keys to find the best answer choice to guess on the LSAT.

I've done similar analysis in the past.

However, Brett has a better understanding of statistics than I do, and his results are summed-up and organized much more nicely than mine. He also included answer key data from the June 2010 LSAT (PrepTest 60).

Here's what he found (click to enlarge):

LSAT Blog Most Common Answer Choice LSAT




















Basically, "D" is the best answer to choose when guessing randomly, and "B," "C,"and "D" come up more often than either "A" or "E."

Please thank Brett in the comments for sharing his analysis!

Photo by cwhatuc



6 comments:

  1. Brett, Thank you for sharing this with us!!

    Steve, Thank you for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brett!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When they say reporting is at 8:30am, is that strict. Is 8:40 to late? 8:45? Just want to know if im going to run late.

    Steve, when do you recomed filling in the bubbles? After each question, or towards the end of the section (at the 5-minute mark)?

    And speacking of bubbles, until what point in the test can the bubbles be filled in, during all 5 sections? During the writing sample?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious, Anonymous at December 10, 2010 12:03 AM?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your site a lot. I'm actually a medical student. but I used LSAT material to help me study for MCAT and get into medical school (for the verbal part) and it was very very helpful.

    I'm now in my 2nd year of med school and I'm revisiting lsat type questions and logical reasoning. I'm hoping that it would be helpful for step one (not in terms of content obviously, but the skill to decipher information rapidly and accurately).

    I was wondering ifyou know any site for analyzing usmle/step 1. or anyone who is good to help/tutor. please let me know. thanks. here is my email: helena_chic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete