What do you wish you'd known before you started your LSAT studying?


LSAT Blog Known Before Started LSAT Studying
What do you wish you'd known before you started your LSAT studying?

I asked the following questions to some blog readers who recently took the LSAT:
What do you know now that you wish you'd known before starting your LSAT prep? What would you have done differently?
Here are their responses:


-I was pretty intimidated by the LSAT when I first checked it out and I almost gave up. I wish I'd known that within a few months it would become almost second nature and a lot less scary. I would have freaked out less at the beginning. Also, the first time I took the test I had a mini panic attack in the middle of it. The second time I learned how to relax and it went smoothly. I wish I had learned how to relax before the first test!

-I would have stopped trying to perfect my ability to solve the problems and moved to timed practice sooner.

-I should have practiced the logic games more.

-I wish I had really done the time trials more. I was pretty good at the questions, but an intense full-time job made it difficult for me to sit down and take a full-length test or even more than one section at a time. I think I really needed to stick to the schedule.

-I wish I would have known that (for me at least) it would take 3-6 months of serious study to get me to a 170+ score so I wouldn't have had to take it so many times. I wish I had also practiced test-taking conditions/stress reduction techniques so I wouldn't have freaked out the second time I took it.

-I know now that timing was essential to prep. Since I was self studying I consumed myself with learning the materials first and timing was secondary. It should have gone hand and hand. It made a huge difference in round two when I focused on taking more practice tests before LSAT.

-I wish I would have known more about the new twists and turns that have been on the Games section in recent years.

-I wish I had looked into the type/rank of schools in relation to LSAT score before I took the test. Had I known my testing range was not high enough for a tier 1, I would not have sat the first time. I had prepared a lot, but I still had room for improvement and should have waited.

-I shouldn't have underestimated the time involved in preparing for the exam!

-I wish I would have begun studying earlier. I believe that 7-9 months is a great time frame that allows for easy, non pressured learning.




***

If you've taken the LSAT before (or have been prepping for a while), how would you answer those questions?

(See previous survey responses.)

Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Photo by lwr




3 comments:

  1. I wish I'd known sooner how much the test format has changed for Reading Comp, and how that had an affect on my score with PT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks guys!
    I’m currently working at a law firm in one of the Asian countries as the only male paralegal, and it is my goal to go to law school within 2~3 years. I haven’t begun studying LSAT yet but all these comments have given me great insights as to how I should prepare for LSAT in coming years. Once again thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get a great friend while playing hydrogen roblox. He was also studying lsat and I he is now my best friend.

    ReplyDelete