LGBT Law School Application Video LSAC

LSAT Blog LGBT Law School Application Video LSAC
The following 4:30-minute video from LSAC titled "Coming Out on Your Application" gives some detailed advice about whether, and how, LGBT law school applicants should come out on their law school applications.

It features a variety of excerpts from interviews with LGBT applicants.

Below the video, I've included a few highlights from it. Also, here are some tips from LSAC on coming out in the application process.

Enjoy, and be sure to also check out these law school admissions tips.







Robert Schwartz, Dean of Admissions at UCLA School of Law:
Law schools are also interested in admitting folks who have overcome obstacles, and to the extent that somebody’s sexual identity has been a difficult process, a difficult experience, or an obstacle for them in any way, and they felt comfortable sharing that, I encourage them to do so.


An interviewed student:
When I applied to law school, I was worried about how people would see me as a gender nonconforming individual. And I was scared. How were people going to interact with me when I came out on my application? I said in my personal statement: I’m going to be someone with a gender that you won't recognize. I’m going to confuse people. That’s part of what I'm going to bring to law school. And, to be honest, if you don’t want me there, I don’t want to be there.




No comments:

Post a Comment