7 Tips for a Top LSAT Score


LSAT Blog Top LSAT Score 7 Tips
In this LSAT Blog post, I've compiled 7 tips from blog readers with top LSAT scores and significant score improvements. (Read previous LSAT Diaries compilations.)

Enjoy, and if you want to be in LSAT Diaries, please email me at LSATUnplugged@gmail.com. (You can be in LSAT Diaries whether you've taken the exam already or not.)

1. "If you are just starting to kick around the idea of taking the test, and the next administration is in 2 months, I would advise holding out a few more months. If you are set on taking the next administration, know what grit and commitment it requires. This test may in the long run have the largest effect on your future of any test in your life."  - Brad, improved from 167 to 179 (LSAT Diaries)


2. "No single logic game, looking back, was very difficult. The most “difficult” games were those that I had diagrammed incompletely or inefficiently. As Steve has emphasized, your diagram is key. From your diagram, a cascade of deductions will follow. Take several weeks to master your technique."  - Samson, 174 (LSAT Diaries)


3. "There doesn't have to be a 'plateau' for this test. I experienced what seemed to be a leveling off of my scores about two-thirds the way through my prep tests. Instead of accepting that as a status quo, I buckled down even harder - analyzing each wrong question...That helped me to push my average up before the test, and my hard work paid off when I scored the new, higher average on the test." - Lisa, 175 (LSAT Diaries)


4. "I've found that if you're not feeling well emotionally or psychologically, the test scores you'll be getting will not be indicative of your full potential at all. Scoring well on the LSAT and keeping a good rhythm...is the product of having a good rhythm in nearly every other part of your life. Even if it costs you a week of your study schedule, take the time to get yourself back into shape. Relax for a little bit. Keep your mind logically sharp with sudoku, but don't let the anxiety get the best of you." - Anthony, improved from 140s to 161 (LSAT Diaries)


5. "Do not cram, you will lose. It can be done in two months with some success, but it shouldn’t be. If I had another month or two to study, I could be several points higher, I’m sure of that." - Ricky, improved from 153 to 160 on retake (LSAT Diaries)


6. "I never really understood the 'got it or ya don't' thing... Maybe in relation to how well you start out, but this test is like jogging. Keep doing it every day, and eventually you *will* be able to run a marathon!" - Caleb, improved from 161 to 171 on LSAT retake (LSAT Diaries)


7. "Do not allow yourself to get caught up in the content of a stimulus. Focus solely on the structure. As tempting as it is...such mental images will suck valuable seconds away from you that could be better used later in the section. Save the visualizations for after the exam—you’ll have more time to chuckle about them then anyway." - J, improved from 157 to 166 on LSAT retake (LSAT Diaries)

Photo by bobaubuchon



1 comment:

  1. I would be interested to know of those that have psychological challenges i.e. OCD, Anxiety and how they compensated for them in their studying for the LSAT. I been studying on and off for quite a while and have yet to take the test. I feel, my challenges (OCD, Anxiety) have not allowed me to accurately track my progression. I've undertaken an assignment, to implement a study regiment which takes into account psychological factors to truly assess my progression. I am open to advice on how to go about this and what other's who've taken the LSAT despite these challenges feel worked best for them. I am committed and willing, and highly motivated to ROCK the JUNE LSAT.

    ReplyDelete