Why I'm Not Wishing You Good Luck on the October 2013 LSAT

LSAT Blog Good Luck October 2013 LSAT
I don't like wishing people good luck. Why think of ourselves as slaves to chance? Instead, we should trust in our abilities.

"In bocca al lupo" is an old Italian proverb that literally translates to "in the mouth of the wolf." The customary response is "crepi (il lupo)," which literally translates to "kill (the wolf)."

The idea is that when faced with adversity, you should have the mindset that you will overcome it. Luck is not a factor. You will destroy whatever obstacles get in the way of achieving your goals.

So, rather than wishing you all good luck, I'm going to remind you that when you encounter the LSAT on Saturday, kill it.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks! Let's all go kill this wolf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. It's exactly what I needed to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm taking the LSAT tomorrow and I'm super nervous, hopefully this helps me calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just typed "good luck to everyone taking it tomorrow" but like Steve said, no luck is needed! We have all prepped so hard and we're just gonna kill it. :) So instead, 'good killing' tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outlook! Thanks Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete