LSAT Vocabulary

I’ll be the first to admit it: the LSAT can be really, really annoying.

Like, “guy who talks in the movie theater” annoying.

To me, the biggest offender out of the whole test is the Reading Comprehension section simply for its propensity to throw big words at you for no reason.

(Yes, I said propensity on purpose.)
One of the LSAT test-makers’ FAVORITE things to do is use really obscure words to test your ability to understand context. If you know the word, great – but, if not, you’D better be able to figure it out.

This problem is worsened for any of you poor folks who speak English as a second language.

So what are you to do? First, let me tell you what not to do.


DON’T start memorizing random vocabulary words. There is simply NO TIME to study 1,000s of difficult and esoteric (there’s another one) words when you have no idea when that particular word is going to come up again.

The much wiser time investment is to study the words in the LSAT that have completely different meanings than they do in everyday language, words that come up ALL. THE. TIME.


These are words like “consistent”. Consistent usually means sometime like “dependable” or “regularly occurring.”

Not with the LSAT.

Here it means “could be true” or “not contradictory.”


“I have a blue car” is consistent with “ I love the Avengers movies” simply because one doesn’t disprove the other.

Like I said. Annoying.


So, if you’re having trouble with LSAT Reading Comprehension – I’ve put together a special guide for you:




I’ve included those tricky double-meaning words so you can drastically improve your Reading Comprehension without memorizing a ton of words.

This will save you time and improve your Reading Comp score, especially if vocab is slowing you down.


That’s it for now.

Steve “LSAT Vocab-Slayer” Schwartz



P.S. Next time, I’ll share 5 of the hardest Reading Comprehension passages I could find.






No comments:

Post a Comment