Create an LSAT Study Plan of Attack

To get the most out of my LSAT resources, you have to actually follow the suggestions, especially when it comes to the day-by-day plan of attack. 

You might be tempted to just listen to some LSAT podcasts or take more practice tests, but if you do that, you’re not going to earn the high score you’re looking for, because you’re not actively learning.


If you’re serious about scoring 165, 170, or even 175, then you should really make a plan. Your plan only works if you’re actively engaged in studying:


-Block out time each week.

-Create your plan of attack a month at a time.

-Study the questions you miss.


When you take the time to actually study the prep material, that’s when you’re going to get the score you want.


And don’t worry — you don’t have to do that all at once.


In fact, right now I want you to take two minutes to do one thing: pick two days a week that you won’t study. Ever. As much as studying is non-negotiable, taking a mental break is also non-negotiable. Just remember that the other 5 days a week, it’s game on. 


The first time I got ready to take an LSAT practice test, I dumped tons of money into every LSAT ever released and every prep book I could get my hands on. I studied whenever I found the time until my brain felt like exploding. I kept pressing on, night after night, always pushing for just one. more. question.


I was ready. I’d done the work. I sat down for my first practice test and gave it all I had. 


Apparently, all I had was enough to score a 152. 


So, I did what any reasonable person would do. I studied more prep guides and took another practice test. 


I scored a 152, again.


Back to the drawing board. Another prep guide, another practice test, another low score. Rinse and repeat.


Albert Einstein is attributed with saying, “insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” He wasn’t wrong. The amount of time I wasted was insane. The amount of money I wasted was insane. And after 6 or 7 low-scoring practice tests, I was starting to feel insane myself.


It took me months to realize my plan of attack was wrong. Basically, because it was no plan at all. When I realized my LSAT prep wasn’t actually preparing me, I finally paused. I took a step back to look at the bigger picture. 


That step back allowed me to look at the whole picture of the test. When I did, I began to see the patterns and logic that the test makers were using. Once I recognized them, I could see how to apply those patterns to find the right answers. 


When I started studying for the LSAT knowing how to break down each question, those practice tests weren’t so intimidating. My scores kept climbing until I felt ready to take the LSAT For Real.


That For Real score? 


...175.


And that can be you. It all starts with creating your plan of attack. 


If you want a plan of attack from someone who’s been there, done that, check out the LSAT Unplugged course. It includes a day-by-day study plan to take the pressure off of planning it all yourself.


More coming your way soon,

LSAT Steve




2 comments:

  1. Be ready to change the direction of your piece if it seems to read better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating an LSAT study plan is crucial for success in this rigorous exam, and having a strategic approach is key. To begin, it's essential to assess your strengths and weaknesses by taking a diagnostic test. Once you've identified areas for improvement, tailor your study plan accordingly. Allocate specific time slots for each section of the test, focusing on enhancing your skills gradually. Utilize a variety of resources such as prep books, online courses, and practice tests to reinforce your understanding and test-taking strategies. Additionally, consider joining study groups or seeking guidance from tutors to enhance your preparation further. Remember, consistency and dedication are paramount in LSAT preparation. For personalized assistance in crafting a study plan that suits your needs, consider seeking professional help from platforms like https://writepaper.com/write-my-assignment. They can provide tailored guidance to maximize your LSAT performance.

    ReplyDelete