LSAT Pros Podcast Episode #1 -



The 5 LSAT questions we answered in the first LSAT Pros Podcast Episode
:

1. How do you determine when an LSAT logical reasoning answer choice is outside the scope?


2. How do you know when to stop trying to make deductions on logic games?


3. Im plateauing at the mid 160s mainly due to huge score fluctuations (-1 on one section, -11 on another section) did you ever get stuck around a scoring range or experience wide score fluctuations?


4. I have currently been at 150 (barely) and would love to increase my score 15-20 points. I have been a straight A student throughout college and I would hate for my LSAT score to not reflect the level of work I am capable of.

Do you think I would be able to do this for the November LSAT? - Im worried that with many of the law schools having rolling admissions, sending an application in early December may jeopardize my chances or would having the best LSAT score possible trump any possible negatives of applying later in the admissions cycle? I am currently registered in Sep but I am simply not where I need to be to take it.


5. I am wondering if there is a fallacy in this thought process:

A school district is requiring all Substitute Teachers to have a 4 year university degree and be state certified. They pay them $100 a day or $50 for a 1/2 day. These jobs are randomly available, provide no benefits, and no amount of work hours are guaranteed. These teachers have to make themselves available on a moments notice, manage the classroom and teach a full lesson plan in whatever subject and grade that they are assigned to.

They are also offering work to those with only a h.s. / GED degree employment as reading assistant teachers and tutors at $15 per hour.

Their reasoning as to why they pay less to those with university degrees is that:

"It may be that the hours for one of the jobs are so small that a higher rate of pay is necessary to get people to apply. Being a tutor is likely only for an hour or two, so it is not easy to get people to be willing to work for such a short period of time. It is also hard to compare jobs that require you to be present daily, and substituting that is optional."

What can you make of this?






No comments:

Post a Comment