Law School Admissions: LSAT and GPA

How exactly do admissions officers weigh your LSAT score and GPA? Well, it's complicated.

Law School Admissions Index: LSAT and GPA

LSAC's website will help you calculate your chances at various law schools. It uses each law school's "admissions index" (a formula unique to each school weighing LSAT scores and GPAs).

Enter your undergraduate GPA and (presumed) LSAT score. Sort the results by likelihood in descending order to see at which schools you have the highest likelihood of success.

This tool is based on info that each law school submits about its admission index, so it's accurate as far as LSAT and GPA are concerned.

Factors that it doesn't consider are diversity, legacy, personal statement, recommendation letters, disciplinary record, etc. Obviously, LSAT and GPA are the big two, but the others have some impact as well.

Enjoy!

Photo by johnwardell




2 comments:

  1. I have a question on an addendum. I tool the Lsat twice and the second time i went up 9 points. The first time I took it, was my last semester of undergrad. I was being harassed on campus and i ended up having to put a lot of my energy into filing police reports and writing letters. Things were getting so crazy that I ended up withdrawing from my internship mid semester so I have a W on my transcript. Is it wise to write an addendum about this? I was just going to explain I had the issue, state that I learned not be a victim, to stand strong against adversity and that knowledge of the law is beneficial. Am I doing too much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't say anything about that. It will scare them away.

    ReplyDelete