The June LSAT Is Held On A Monday

LSAT Blog June 2011 LSAT Test Date MondayThe June LSAT is the only LSAT that's regularly held on a Monday. (This year, it'll be on Monday, June 11.) In October, December, and February, the LSAT is held on a Saturday. (Sabbath observers can always take it on weekdays.)

Test-takers are usually happy that the June LSAT is unique because it's the only exam that starts at 1PM, rather than at 9AM.

However, one blog reader recently wrote to me:


Today, I was looking at my registration, and I swear that I had registered for Saturday, but the test is on a Monday. I am really annoyed, since this is not very accommodating for working professionals like myself. Is it normal that all WORKING people have to take a Monday (vacation day) to take the test? Sorry to vent!

I suggested:
You could always email LSAC from several pseudonymous email accounts. I estimate it would take 20,000 emails to get them to change the date of the June exam.

What do you think?

Will those of you in the 9-to-5 grind be complaining to LSAC about the injustice of having to use a vacation day?

Will those of you working the retail/service industry grind be thanking LSAC for allowing you to take it on a day off?

Leave comments!

Photo by meddygarnet



7 comments:

  1. I am an 8-5er and I am looking forward to taking the Monday test because it gives me the weekend to relax and gear up for it rather than taking it after a long, stressful work week as a paralegal. Plus the nearest test site is about 45 minutes away so it gives me extra time to sleep and feel rested knowing I have plenty of time to get there. If taking the test on Monday is really that inconvenient for a tester, perhaps one should have considered that before registering for June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, having the test at 1 pm is so much better for folks who don't function at 8 am. even though i have to eat a day of vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind taking the day off for the LSAT, however, I am a bit sad to realize that taking the test on Monday means that I would have to pay for parking at the test center that is closest to my place. (Whereas parking is free on weekends)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work a 9-5 and get 15 days of PTO per year, which leaves me 14 days to go visit the rest of my family on the other side of the Atlantic if I am lucky enough not to get sick... but it just so happen that taking the LSAT and going to law school are that important to me!... stop complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more upset that it's the monday after bonnaroo and the CMT awards!!! :( (Hint: I live in Nashville). I was hoping it might be the first weekend in June so I could go on a bender afterwards. Alas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a working professional I completely agree that having the weekend off before I take the test is a huge benefit. In taking practice LSATs, I find I do *significantly* better when I take one on a weekend rather than when I take one after a day at work. I can only imagine that taking one on a Monday after the weekend off would similarly improve my mental acuity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a retail employee, everyday of the week is the same to me. Having it on a Monday instead of a Saturday increases the liklyhood of having the request for time of granted. Clearly lacking approval would not stop me from missing the day of work to take the test, but sanctioned action is always better :)

    ReplyDelete