7 Top LSAT Scorers | Lessons Learned


In this LSAT Blog post, I've put together another 7 tips from blog readers with top LSAT scores and significant score improvements. (Read previous LSAT Diaries compilations.)

Enjoy, and if you want to be in LSAT Diaries, please email me at LSATUnplugged@gmail.com. (You can be in LSAT Diaries whether you've taken the exam already or not.)

7 top LSAT scorers share lessons learned:

1. "The last few days before the test, I kept in my mind an image of the December 2010 LSAT being republished as a preptest in the future. I kept thinking to myself that the test I would be taking was no different than the 13 preptests I had taken before it. I knew that if I panicked during the test it was probably my mind tricking itself and not due to the difficulty of the test." - Jay, 177 (LSAT Diaries)


2. "Set aside 30 minutes every day...to do some logic games. Learn them inside, out, upside-down and backwards. This is the easiest way to gain points—why spend all of that money on prep and test fees if you’re going to ignore the best place to improve? For me, it came to a point where I was working LG into my everyday life—if friends were loading into a car, I designed rules in my mind that would affect who sat next to whom—completely involuntarily...I can’t stress it enough—LOGIC GAMES!" - Brandon, improved from 150 to 170 (LSAT Diaries)


3. "You need to get to the point where you can do pure sequencing games this fast [in 5-6 minutes] if you’re trying to get a perfect score (or minus 1 or 2) on the logic games section. There will typically be other games in that section that need more than the 8 or so minutes you’re shooting for." - Ellen, 174 (LSAT Diaries)


4. "To do well...takes a willingness to work hard and stick to a rigorous schedule. Study your wrong questions, work hard, and good luck."  Peter, improved from 160 to 170 (LSAT Diaries)


5. "Come up with a badass playlist to listen to on L-Day. I chose All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled, It’s My Time by Fabolous ft. Jeremiah, and Here I Come by The Roots. That stuff gets you jacked!" - Ricky, improved from 153 to 160 on retake (LSAT Diaries)


6. "[V]isit the test center a day or two before the exam. I...noticed that there were a few larger desks located in the back of the hall, adjacent to some windows that provided natural light. While checking in, I...asked if I could sit in one of the larger desks (she allowed me to do so). If nothing else, a visit to the testing room will likely keep you from having to deal with any curveballs on test day that might get you rattled." - J, improved from 157 to 166 on LSAT retake (LSAT Diaries)


7. "To improve on Logical Reasoning, write short reasons why each answer choice is wrong for the more difficult questions. It is helpful to remember during logical reasoning that four of the answers have to be WRONG in some way. Write why a wrong answer choice is wrong for each one you get wrong." - Lisa, 175 (LSAT Diaries)


Photo by bobaubuchon



2 comments:

  1. Thank you steve! i've spent a great deal of time reading through just about every page on the site and experience varying feelings of dread and hope. I am going to write the lsat, I owe myself that much but i am overwhelmed with where to start. Just clueless. I have both the LRB and LGB from powerscore and a number of prep tests from 2011. I am assuming they are still usuable so im going to have read through it and dive in ? want to purchase one of your plans but i am unsure of how to realistically pace myself. Logic games seem like a foriegn language to me at this point so I'll need way more than 3 mos till the dec test but i dont want to keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Dont be overwhelmed, just get a schedule and work at it. Don't think about starting somewhere, just do it. If you sit there and think of how hard the test is all you are doing is needlessly freaking yourself out. If you have three or four months before the test, you have plenty of time to comfortably study and do great.

    Go buy one of Steve's three or four or five month plans and follow it. It will take a few hours each other day of your life. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete