How to overcome your fear of LSAT Logic Games

When I was studying for the LSAT, I got so obsessed that I dreamed of doing questions in my sleep. I did every Logic Game ever released, some of them multiple times! For me, this was the key to turning them from confusing puzzles into easy math-like problems.

Then, after I started tutoring, I got even MORE obsessed. I wanted to get inside the testmakers' brains - to understand how they thought.

I became friends with one of them (yeah, he's weird - even weirder than I am), but that still wasn't enough for me....



So I wrote my own Logic Games. I made it my mission to write ones even harder than actual LSAT Logic Games!!! (You can get them here --->).

If you give them a shot, try not to be frustrated or discouraged by these games.

(After all, they are some of the hardest ones.)


The real value in doing them is NOT to measure your ability - it's to learn from them.

The road to success is not a straight line (as my student Jared knows all too well).
Success
Even if you have trouble with them the first time, you can still do fine with LG on Test Day. Think of these games as more stuff to add to your library of LG knowledge.


And, if you've done every Logic Game ever released, remember that repeating games is INCREDIBLY valuable.

The games from before the year 2000 (PrepTest 30 and below) are perfectly good practice, but, overall, remember that more recent = more relevant.


If you're looking for more practice, remember that MOST unofficial games aren't similar to LSAC-written ones. They might also even contain mistakes(!) that make them frustrating, useless and confusing.

The ones I've published (for free) have been tested on thousands of students over the past several years - they do not contain ANY errors and are very similar to LSAC's, so feel free to use those for more practice.

If there's anything you're having trouble with right now, or just want to say "hi," just reach out. I read every message myself.

Very truly yours,

Logic Gamin' Steve


P.S. If you become REALLY skilled at games, here's a fun idea --- purposely do fake games KNOWN to contain errors...and figure out what they are.

P.P.S. Warning: only do this if you become *insanely* skilled at games.



Recommended Resources:

1. LSAT Courses

The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.

2. Logical Reasoning Explanations
The explanations that should have come with the LSAT. These don't just fall back on "out of scope," but actually tell you why the wrong answers are wrong, why the right answers are right, and the easiest way to get the correct answer.

3. Logical Reasoning Cheat Sheet
Based on what I'd typically do in college: read what the professor emphasized and condense it all onto a single piece of paper. It gave me a quick reference, making things a lot less threatening and a lot more manageable.





No comments:

Post a Comment