"my way makes more sense to me than the way you explain it"

Got this question / criticism recently from a reader who will remain anonymous:

"Your Logic Games videos are awesome but sometimes I do things differently than you to arrive at the same answer and my way makes more sense to me than the way you explain it though."

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!


Just kidding.


Using a different method to solve LSAT Logic Games is totally fine. There are TONS of ways to ways to diagram and solve them.

Sometimes, the solution I show is just how I solve them based on my personal preference, how I was feeling that day, etc.

Different people have different diagramming approaches, styles, preferences, yadda yadda. For some game types, your style might be similar to mine, and for others, it might not.


My HOPE is that my explanations show another perspective and shed some fresh light on games that you might otherwise find confusing, to help you find a more efficient approach.

Same goes for my written explanations for other sections, but this is ESPECIALLY true for Logic Games.

And Logic Games is worth mastering since it's the most perfectible section - you should do DOZENS of Logic Games sections for practice by type. (Click here to get Logic Games organized by type.)

For this reason, most books and courses spend a good amount of time on Logic Games. Test-takers often have the most trouble with this section, at least when they're starting out.


If you're shooting for 160-165+, you probably don't want to skip any games.

And keep in mind that EVEN IF you were to do only 3 games in a section, the last game is not necessarily the one to skip. The 4th isn't always the toughest. There have been plenty of cases where the toughest game was the 2nd or 3rd.


In order to be even just "okay" on Logic Games, I'd say that means you're missing fewer questions there than on other sections (ideally less than 3-5 wrong, depending on your goal score).

It means you feel that you have a solid understanding of them and a consistent, systematic approach that you can adapt when LSAC throws a twist into a familiar game type. In my LSAT courses, I cover Logic Games from the basic (easier) types, all the way to the toughest "curveball" games.

And in my LSAT explanations for all sections - Logic Games, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension - I make sure to fully explain all 5 answer choices.

I took the time to do this (without resorting to lame phrases like "out of scope") ----

so that - no matter where you went wrong - you'll understand EXACTLY why the wrong answer choices was wrong, and why the correct choice was, well, correct!


Do me a favor:

Reach out and let me know if you've used my explanations and found what you think is a better way to solve a game - always interested in hearing other points of view...and sometimes proving them wrong :)))



Open-mindedly yours (kind of),
LSAT Steve





No comments:

Post a Comment