Proven LSAT Logic Games Strategy

I don't focus on “rare” game types that hardly ever come up.

Why not?

Well ... they’re just not worth your time until you’ve mastered the most common ones.

Even worse, “fake” games from random publishers (not naming any names - cough - Barron’s - cough) contain tons of typos and mistakes!

This is the WRONG way to approach building a strong foundation in Logic Games.


Yeah, yeah ... I know what you're thinking:

"But in order to succeed in Logic Games, I need to know how to solve EVERY game type ever.“

“I’ve done every game ever released, so I need to do fake games, too.“

Listen carefully ...


Fake games can drive you CRAZY and waste your time.

What you want to do is focus on the major game types that are MOST likely to come up, then deal with the others later.

And you can master rare games AFTER you’ve built your foundation (you’ll be able to solve them more easily after you’re better at the other games).


Here’s what I said during an interview about this (remind me and I’ll show you a list of common games at the end of this article, ok?):

[ - - - - - - - - INTERVIEW - - - - - - - - - ]

JACOB: The logic games are probably the most feared subject on the LSAT. Yet many students are able to achieve a perfect score on the logic games. So, why are they the most feared and how does this transformation occur?


STEVE: I’ve found in my analysis that there are a number of common formats and formulas that the LSAT logic games use, in terms of how you can go about making inferences. So, I went through many of the old exams and I grouped together games that seemed similar to each other. I found that there were certain types of grouping games, specifically in-and-out games (also known as selection games) where the process by which test takers could make inferences would be extremely similar from game to game.

So, if you’ve done one of these older games, you would, then, be well-prepared to make inferences in one of the newer games without having to reinvent the wheel on the spot. So, a lot of scoring a perfect section comes from being time efficient, which, in turn, comes from recognizing those patterns from the previously administered exams...It’s just about becoming familiar with those formats through repetition.


You might wanna read that again. A few times.

Especially this part -> "becoming familiar with those formats through repetition."

Repetition. Repetition. Repetition.


Use the Logic Games categorizations to focus on and repeat game types, and don’t be afraid to photocopy or print multiple copies of the same game so you can do and redo them.


All of these categories are DEFINITELY worth focusing on.

Let me ask you a question...

Which game type do you have the MOST trouble with?


If there is one, I’d suggest digging deeper and focusing on those.

That's your starting point.

[To be continued...]

Steve “kick LSAT butt" Schwartz



P.S. As promised, I’m giving you 7 Logic Games that have repeated over and over (and over) on the LSAT.

When I first noticed how similar these were, I was SHOCKED!

On the one hand, you could say LSAT-makers are lazy in that they’re simply taking old games and dressing them up with a new topic.

But they’re not REALLY lazy - I think it’s that THESE are the skills that the LSAT wants to test. The more you study, the more you’ll pick up on these patterns.


P.P.S. You might notice that most are “multi-level ordering” aka “advanced linear”, but some are other types, too. And there are a LOT in that 1st category I listed (Grouping: In-Out)


Recommended Resources:

1. LSAT Courses
The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.
2. Logic Games Explanations
The explanations that should have come with the LSAT. These tell you why the wrong answers are wrong, why the right answers are right, and the easiest way to get the correct answer.
3. Mastering LSAT Logic Games
This guide to Logic Games is by a former writer of actual LSAT questions! Enough said.





No comments:

Post a Comment