how to avoid cracking under pressure

Wanted to share some advice today about retaking the LSAT and checking your emotions.

Jared, a retaker who started with a random prep book, quickly got overwhelmed by Logic Games.

Allison, a retaker who studied while writing her senior thesis, felt the pressure was like a ton of bricks weighing her down.

Retaking is common. It sucks to have to retake, but whether that's you or not, there’s still hope!


One of the biggest reasons people have to retake is because they crack under the pressure on Test Day.
Here’s some advice on that from Allison:

The biggest piece of advice I can give to anyone prepping for the LSAT is to check your emotions. I placed a ton of pressure on myself early on, and felt extremely defeated early on in my study process, which only made things worse. Studying for the LSAT can be discouraging and anxiety-producing, but you have to keep some perspective, and trust that your work will begin to pay off.

I love seeing students increase their scores using my books and courses, but my favorite experience of all?

---- Getting to work with students directly - one-on-one. ----
In the early years, most of my students were in-person, but I now actually work with 99% of students over the phone and Skype.

Some people were skeptical of meeting this way at first, but I actually found it typically works BETTER than in-person!

Why? Because my students always have their materials with them and don't show up to sessions stressed and out of breath from the commute! :)

When we meet, I use an online whiteboard so we can diagram Logic Games together, live. And we can meet over v
ideo chat (but if you prefer audio so you can stay in your PJs, that's fine, too).

So no matter where you live, don't let that stop you from reaching out and asking for help. We can still work together. 

LSAT coaching is for you if you're frustrated, feel like you're limited in how much you can teach yourself, and realize you're in need of additional help.

So, if you feel like it might help with your situation, hit reply and let me know. As my gift to you, I'll block out 30 minutes for us to learn more about where you're at, what's holding you back, and explore the possibility of working together. 

My coaching is not for everyone. It requires dedication and commitment. Investing in your future takes courage, and only you know when you’re ready to take that leap of faith and start improving your score.

My students and I work together intensively, and their lives transform.

If you're ready to take this step and bring your LSAT prep to the next level, you know how to reach me. Shoot me a message to request a powerful conversation.

-Steve

P.S. If you’re interested in working with me one-on-one, you can find out more here ---> 

If not, that's fine - still feel free to reach out if you need anything at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment