LSAT Test Anxiety and Meditation

I suspect meditation can improve LSAT scores and focus in general, and that it can reduce anxiety. (The test prep study I found suggested it improves GRE scores, specifically.)
Studies aren't always well-conducted or reliable, though, and the LSAT is not the GRE.
However, there is an abundance of evidence suggesting that meditation can reduce anxiety and stress, and that it can increase focus which would certainly have the potential to help you on LSAT Test Day.
However, the best course of action, IMO, would be to forget about the studies and simply try it for yourself (maybe 5 minutes / day to start) and see what happens. I highly doubt it would reduce your scores.
I have personally experienced many of the benefits typically associated with meditation. I'd recommend it, especially if you have issues focusing.
As for whether LSAT students take study drugs, I'm sure some people do it, but I'd be surprised if a high percentage did. I'm not sure we have a way to actually find out the % who do though...



No comments:

Post a Comment