LSAT Blog Update: October 2010 LSAT

LSAT Blog Update October 2010 LSATMany of you took the October 2010 LSAT. Hope it went well!

Some other bloggers reported the following news:

Michal, an LSAT proctor (yeah, one of them), considered messing with you guys (below emphasis added):

I pretty much did nothing and made $100 for it. There was the usually ritualistic events during the morning- looking at the test-takers' ID cards, getting their fingerprints, assigning them random seats, passing out the tests and the booklets, reading the incredibly boring and monotonous script (I honestly contemplated reading it in an accent or something but I figured they were already kind of on edge so I figured I probably shouldn't).

Alan prayed to the God of Scholarship:

LSAT Blog Update October 2010 LSAT












Anna is probably within that less-than-1% of people who like going to the dentist:
I actually enjoyed taking it. It was fun! I enjoyed all the logic puzzles and stuff. I am so so so so so excited and nervous to get my score back in November! Eeek.

Things went smoothly for Sojules, who:
I was amazed at how smoothly the check-in process went and these LSAC people are no nonsense when it comes to what you are wearing and bringing in. All of my belongings had to fit into a one-gallon ziploc bag! But, I have already begun to forget some of the details as it is something that I am very ready to put behind me.

Pie In The Sky wants to reward him/herself with "moccasin boots":
So I just took the LSAT yesterday and now I'm going nuts wondering about my score. I honestly feel like I could have gotten anywhere from a 140 to a 170 (hopefully it's the latter). I won't get my score for another three weeks, so I have to wait what feels like FOREVER to see if I can buy my moccasin boots!!! Oh and if I'll get into any good law schools. So now I just need to think up things to distract me for three weeks because now, every time I think about the LSAT (which is all the time), I want to throw up. And I don't really want to do that.

Beloved "Sonny" played soccer the week before, got a concussion, but went on to take the LSAT anyway:
Because my sonny-in-law is a true stud, he has decided to go ahead and take the test tomorrow, concussion and all. Now I don't know about you, but I think that kind of bravery is deserving of two treats! And that's just what he's going to get!

ceberus took the exam in South Korea just for practice, and found it terrifying:
Holy moly, it was so much harder and more tiring than I thought...If I hadn’t plan to cancel my score, you definitely would have seen a lady who climbed one of many bridges of Han River tonight, wearing her bra inside out...it was like a giant big turdbomb smudged on my face. A total f**kbomb...I am very glad to bring a small bottle of Eucalyptus oil and a bag of espresso bean chocolate. That woke me up (maybe I need to eat more of them, or with cans of Red Bull). Anyway…it was the hardest exam I’ve ever done...

Caronae was spooked by LSAC's counterterrorism measures:

Taking the LSAT is pretty much an exercise in national security: you can only bring a limited amount of items into the test center, all in a one gallon plastic bag. Your water bottle must be less than 20 ounces with no label. You can only have an analog watch. You get fingerprinted. You bring your passport and should basically have your Social Security Number tattooed on your head. It was super intense.


Britney called the LSAT "The Biggest Bitch I've Ever Met":
The LSAT really is as awful as people say. I showed up around 8 am, in which there was one hallway with people standing nervously, just waiting quietly for the proctors. You’re not allowed to bring your cell phone to the testing site so people were just looking around…awkwardly…at all these other strangers, trying to hide their anxiety...Everywhere I looked, legs were twitching, people were rocking back and forth in their seats, pencils were tapping the desk…kind of reminded me of The Breakfast Club, except we weren’t in detention, we were about to begin what I truly believe to be the hardest standardized test, period.

Kahryn now misses the LSAT:
Okay, you’re right … that’s ridiculous. But I miss the way I felt before I took this monumental and unnecessarily traumatizing exam. Because before I took it, it hadn’t happened yet. Circular, I know. Point being, now I seriously am on my way to the next and yet-to-be determined chapter of my life. I’ve taken this exam and the score will be my ticket into law school.


***

How'd the big day go for you?

Also see "How to Wait a Long Time for Your LSAT Score".


Photo by 10350347@N06




8 comments:

  1. A proctor pointed seemingly right at me at the end of section four and then she and the other proctor took one of the registration stubs out of the pile in front of her and turned it over and began writing on it.

    This of course freaked me out completely for section five (and of course it turned out that it had nothing to do with me, but I was super stressed and hyper already so I assumed the worst.). I think I completed 2 of the 4 games in that section and hopefully I read all the rules correctly and bubbled it in right.

    I refuse to cancel my score though. If there's a chance that I was on autopilot enough to manage at least a 160 so that I never have to take this demon spawn test again, I'm taking that chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved the Writing Sample, my most favorite section anyway, because that is where you get to argue yourself instead of analyzing others' arguments. And seriously, I don't know how it went otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The test went pretty well for me. It's unfortunate that a fellow classmate of mine had such an awful experience at his testing site. I could not bear to tell him how wonderful and pain-free my experience was.

    Like the first poster said, if there is even a chance for a 160 I rather take it than cancel. The experimental LG section tripped me up but other than that, it was smooth sailing...Now two more weeks and my fate will be known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous: How do you know that the LG section was the experimental one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My experience was rather painless, though I may change my mind when I get more scores back. A guy in front of me had 2 bottles of 5-hour energy in his gallon bag though. Seriously, the test wasn't even 5 hours long.

    It was raining in Seattle where I took and and for fear of being kicked out I didn't bring anything with a hood or even an umbrella that day. And of course with no cell phone or idea of when I'd be done I just agreed to meet a friend at a bar down the road afterward. I walked in the rain the whole way there. Kind of euphoric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the test with the experimental Logical Reasoning section. However, there was another Logical Reasoning section in the first three games along with it. One of the sections was pretty easy, and the other exceptionally hard. After the break, there was another Logical Reasoning section that was also very difficult (at least I thought). I followed the five month study plan and took 18 practice tests, and I found that one LR section is usually easy and one harder. Nevertheless, it worries me to think the experimental section was the easy one. Did anybody else here have that version of the October test? What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same test as you Anonymous. 3 LRs in total, with one of them being VERY hard. It was in the first part of the test (my second LR section) and it freaked me out a little because the first one had been relatively easy. So now I'm also scared that the 'easy' one was the experimental LR. I'm usually able to whittle it down to at least 2 possibilities, but in that particular section I was completely baffled on some of the questions. We'll find out in 4 days...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the same test as you last two posters, unfortunately I heard on another forum that some people who had only 2 LR sections remembered some of the questions on that really hard section we're all hoping was the experimental. It was the 2nd section for me too, I remember the really easy section before it and the moderately hard one after the break. But I especially remembered that weird one I was hoping was experimental because of all the funky question stems and just the general hardness of it. But if some of the people that had only 2 LR sections remembered the questions on that section it must not have been experimental. Sucks I know, nobody hopes I'm somehow mistaken more than me.

    ReplyDelete