How to get into law school by acing the GRE and avoiding the LSAT

Except not really...


I’ve been teaching the LSAT for over 10 years now. This exam's how I make my living, but I'm also completely obsessed with it. I have a (dare-I-say) IRRATIONAL love for this test.

The GRE’s a much easier exam, and it’s much easier to get a higher-percentile score on it than on the LSAT.

So, why would I recommend taking the GRE when it’s in my best interest for more people to take the LSAT?

Because, if you’re reading this, there’s a decent chance you just googled something about getting into law school by taking the GRE.

You’re *PROBABLY* not one of my long-time students.

Maybe you’re a wannabe lawyer considering law school and think you can avoid the LSAT beast by doing GRE vocabulary flash cards and brushing up on middle-school math.

If that’s you…

Please stop reading my site right now.

Obviously, Harvard requires a super-high GPA and top score on whichever test scores you submit, LSAT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, PCAT and all the other XXATs out there.

And law schools KNOW it's easier to get a high-percentile score on the GRE because the competition isn't as tough.


(That's a kind-of nice way of saying the people who typically take the GRE aren't as good at standardized tests.)


***A senior LSAC employee actually refused to take the GRE because "it didn't measure anything important."***

!!!


If you’ve got a decent chance of getting into a top law school, you probably COULD ace the LSAT if you put in the work. This requires…*learning the LSAT the hard way* (shudders)

But don’t worry - it’s actually the EZ way in the long run.

That’s what I focus on in my courses - helping you get the LSAT mindset by showing you how the test-makers think.

You won’t find the typical “cheap trix” that only get you high 150s / low 160s.

A lot of the lower-tier law schools that’ll eventually take the GRE as an alternative don’t actually plan to accept “LSAT-avoiders.” They actually just want to accept applications from GRE-takers so they can deny you and boost get a boost in the US News rankings by increasing their selectivity.

So, if you want to avoid the LSAT “monster” (yeah, that’s how I used to see it, too), because you’re lazy and don’t want to put in the work, please go ahead and click the X in your browser and stop reading. Get a bunch of flash cards and find a high school kid to tutor you in algebra.

Call me old-fashioned, but I’ve always believed you get out what you put in…and taking “shortcuts” won’t get you where you want to go. My site's the oldest (and still continuously running) LSAT Blog because I show you how to DEFEAT the LSAT monster by actually looking at the LSAT from the test-makers perspective,

Cheap trix, are just that - “cheap” and “trix.” I’ve always believed you get what you pay for, you get out what you put in. If you’re not willing to invest in yourself, law schools aren’t going to, either.

If you’re ready to take the first step towards tackling the LSAT, and you’re ambitious enough to take on this challenge, you should join my private community of LSAT students. It’s a free email course where you'll hear from me every now and then with my best LSAT advice - the stuff too classy to share with all the curiosity-seekers driving by through Google searches.

So,  if you haven’t already, take action and click here to join thousands of other students fighting to conquer the LSAT. I’ll never spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Very truly yours,
Steve Schwartz


P.S. Seriously, you should join. You’ll get all the stuff I’m not willing to share with the randos who find me from Google and message boards.




1 comment:

  1. "The GRE’s a much easier exam, and it’s much easier to get a higher-percentile score on it than on the LSAT"

    omg everyone's gna get 340 on the GRE and go to HARVARD...

    ReplyDelete