This guy accused me of spamming him

 - and he was completely wrong!

In fact, he made some LSAT-style logical flaws when he ASSUMED I was responsible for the law school spam he was getting.


Here's what he sent me:
click display images if you can't see the email
You clearly sold (or gave) my email address to a law school -- John Marshall. I am extremely careful with this email address and don't get spam on it. I have never received an email from a law school institution and received one from John Marshall within two hours of making a purchase on your blog. I trusted your service to keep my email address confidential.

Sincerely,

"Jim"

So, he mistakenly assumed that because one thing came before another.....


the first thing CAUSED the second thing!



Click through to see my complete takedown of that flawed logic (and his reaction to the takedown!)

LSAT Logic and Law School Spam --->



Have fun!
Steve


P.S. I hate law school spam as much as you do and wish they'd finally stop sending ME emails! :)

P.P.S. Here's what one student sent me in response to my last article about "study drugs":

Personally, I have used them in my preparation in both learning logic game methods, how to best approach the other sections best, as well as in taking actual practice tests. I found that in learning methods and preparing myself with test taking skills, using study drugs was not an entirely positive. I believe having a more calm and free mind was useful in the preparation stage.

However, when it came to actually performing on the practice tests I found that using study drugs allowed me to work quickly and efficiently. Thus, the time limit was less of a factor. Specifically in regards to logic games. I also seem to recall strategies and set ups much more efficiently as well.

I have not done reading
 comprehension with and without study drugs so I am unable to offer my opinion on that section. I do believe it may be better not to use them because while I do the comp sections with them I seem to try and skim through too quickly and find myself constantly backtracking. A slower paced mind may read slowly but comprehend more efficiently.



And here's another response I got:

I am prescribed adderall but take it more on an as-needed basis. When I take it I do extremely better on PTs and able to concentrate better over all. Seriously I average 5-6 scaled points higher when I take it.


My summary: Maybe they help for Logic Games, but probably better to avoid them for Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension (75% of the test!)

BUT...if you were prescribed it legitimately (not because you faked it), it could help.


Recommended Resources:

1. LSAT Courses
The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.

2. Logical Reasoning Explanations
The explanations that should have come with the LSAT. These don't just fall back on "out of scope," but actually tell you why the wrong answers are wrong, why the right answers are right, and the easiest way to get the correct answer.

3. Logical Reasoning Cheat Sheet
Based on what I'd typically do in college: read what the professor emphasized and condense it all onto a single piece of paper. It gave me a quick reference, making things a lot less threatening and a lot more manageable.





No comments:

Post a Comment