LSAT Unplugged in 2020: Zero to One


The biggest return on investment you can get is going from ZERO to ONE.

Sure, you can focus on tweaking here and there, tracking obsessively with spreadsheets, and getting marginal improvements in what you're already working on.

I call this the Obsessive Practice Exam Narrative (OPEN) - the idea that there's some hidden pattern in your mistakes, and if you can spot it, you'll gain...

a few points?


OR...

you can focus on what you've been neglecting altogether. Or what you haven't even started yet.


I'm gonna be real for a minute.

A couple years back, I felt like I'd reached a stagnation point with my LSAT material. 

I'd already written over 1,000 articles on LSAT prep and over 1,000 LSAT explanations. I'd even recorded video explanations for every Logic Game this millennium.


Sure, I could continue creating explanations for the 3 new LSAT exams released every year and the old ones that few students do, but that just felt like more of the same.

Diminishing. Marginal. Returns.

Diminishing. Marginal. Benefits.

Diminishing. Marginal. Fun.


Boooooooring.



I wanted to do something *different* --

To create an entirely new category of LSAT prep.

So I started playing with video in late 2018.

By early 2019, the LSAT Unplugged YouTube Channel and Podcast was born.


Let's to take a moment to look back on what we've created with it over the past year.


Then I'll give you a taste of where we'll take this in 2020.


We've grown the LSAT Unplugged podcast from zero to over 100,000 downloads!

We've grown the LSAT Unplugged YouTube channel from just a few hundred subscribers to nearly 3,000 subscribers.

We've grown the LSAT Unplugged Facebook Community from zero to over 2,600 members.

We've grown the LSAT Unplugged Instagram from zero to over 1,500 followers.



Most importantly, we've grown a movement of students who are successfully self-studying for the LSAT and getting into their dream schools.

All of this....

-Despite the Digital LSAT tech issues

-Despite the fact that the LSAT is getting harder

-And despite the naysayers who (still!) say you need a $1,500 in-person prep class. (Have they even heard of the Internet?)




The LSAT Unplugged Podcast, YouTube channel, Facebook community, and Instagram, along with the LSAT Blog, I'm doing all of this for free.

But I couldn't do it alone. LSAT Unplugged is something I'm co-creating with each and every one of you.



Much of the material I've been sharing over the past year has focused on the Digital LSAT transition and other recent changes, along with a lot of general FAQ to help you get started with the process.

I'll still be tracking the most important Digital LSAT changes you need to be aware of, along with making it *easier* to jump-start your LSAT prep.

But I'm most interested in helping you take your LSAT and law school admissions journey to the next level.



One of my favorite projects has been recording live LSAT coaching and law school admissions coaching sessions (over 150 and counting).

No one else in LSAT prep is doing ANYTHING like this. I'm peeling back the curtain to show you what it's like to work with an LSAT and admissions expert 1-on-1.


Going forward, I'm going to add a couple of new things into the mix:

-Tools and tactics for students aiming for 170+ LSAT scores

-Law school admissions help, especially for students aiming for top-14 law schools and full scholarships

-Discussions with law school professors to help you succeed once you get there


But the biggest request I've heard from you all is simply for MORE.

Very soon, you'll be seeing a lot MORE from me on the LSAT Unplugged YouTube channel and podcast.

And the LSAT Unplugged podcast will no longer feature clips or "mini-episodes." (But you can still get those from me on Facebook and Instagram.)

Going forward, we're stepping it up even more -- we're taking LSAT Unplugged to the next level.

The podcast will now only feature full-length episodes. I've even added intro / outro music to celebrate the change.


So if you haven't told your friends about the:







This is the time.


Again, I couldn't have done this alone. I want to acknowledge all the people who sent a message and let me know about their LSAT success.

Even though I've been teaching the LSAT since 2005, it's still always wonderful to get one of these - and I read every message myself.

So keep an eye out. I've got much more coming your way soon.

-LSAT Steve






No comments:

Post a Comment