good news about the LSAT (and conditional tips)

LSAT PrepTests 66-present are the only ones with the 2-page layout for Logic Games.

Before PrepTest 66, each exam only gave you one page per LG and related Qs. Then they started giving you two. Isn't that awesome?


So if you're studying from older exams and worrying about the amount of space you get...
LSAT Logic Games 1-Page Layout
worry no longer.

LSAT Logic Games 2-Page Layout
Awesome, right?


And now with the Digital LSAT, you get booklet of scratch paper (about 12-14 pages, 8.5 x 11, unlined). More than enough space to draw all your diagrams. And you can use it for all sections (not just games).

**


I used a tricky "conditional indicator phrase" in the first sentence of this article.

Did you catch it?


Look again:

*LSAT PrepTests 66-present are the only ones with the 2-page layout for Logic Games.*


It's "the only."


"The only" is a sufficient condition indicator, and it creates a conditional statement.

Whatever immediately follows "the only" is our sufficient condition, and the other part of the sentence becomes the necessary condition indicator....



So let's take the example:

"I'll go to law school only if I score 170+."

We could change this to:

"The only way I'll go to law school if I score 170+."

or.

"Scoring 170+ is the only reason I'll go to law school."



All of these statements are diagrammed as:

"Go to law school ---> 170+"

And the contrapositive would be:

"NOT 170+ ---> NOT Law School"
That's all for now. 

If you're looking for more help, my LSAT guides cover these kinds of basic concepts in plain English.

(I never resort to using complicated phrases like "temporal flaw" or other such nonsense.)


And if you're having trouble with anything, just reach out - I read every message, and I'll try to cover your question in a future article.


Talk soon,
Steve Schwartz






No comments:

Post a Comment