Who’s afraid of big, bad LSAT books?

Who’s afraid of big, bad LSAT books?

I am. Or at least I used to be.

Lemme ask you something:

Are you taking the LSAT 20+ years from now?

That’s literally how long it’d take to get through the majority of the “recommended reading” lists for the LSAT.

At least if you want to stay sane while you’re studying..



Sometime in history (details are fuzzy), someone came up with the idea: “bigger is better.”

And this seems to be the mindset of the major LSAT companies.

Just look at some of the most popular books out there - I’m talking about you Kaplan, the makers of phone-book-sized prep guides.
big LSAT books
If you do the math, their books for the LSAT’s 3 sections are collectively almost 1,000 pages long!

I love reading, don’t get me wrong, the right novels of that length could make for some great beach reading.

But 1,000 pages of wishy-washy garbage, discussing all kinds of “LSAT theories” seems like a huge waste of time!

I didn’t always think like this - unfortunately.

When I was studying, I thought I had to read every page of every prep book if I stood any chance of getting a decent score on Test Day. When I still didn’t get decent practice test scores, I thought there must be something wrong with me – after all, I’d read all those huge books!

Boy, was I wrong.

Since going deeper into LSAT world, I’ve managed to write my own books, covering more material in less than 1/10 the time.

And the short articles on my website contain as much, if not more, than a typical chapter in one of the mainstream publishers’ books, without all the fluff.

That’s not to say they’re all bad. Kaplan actually publishes a good book called Mastery Practice.

LSAT Mastery Practice
Why’s it good?

Because it’s packed full of nothin’ but actual LSAT PrepTest Qs sorted by type (unlike their other books).

And working your way through 100s and 1,000s of actual LSAT questions is the best way to rock the LSAT!

However, there’s more to it than just working through these questions. You need to look at them the right way, with the LSAT mindset - the tried and tested technique of the highest-scoring test takers.
My guides show you how to do just that!
At some point in history, a wise man or woman said, “Quality over quantity.” So, the main point here is BIGGER isn’t always better.


Keep that in mind when you’re choosing your LSAT books.

Lovingly yours,

Page-Shreddin’ Steve



P.S. Let me know what you’re reading, or tell me some of the worst books you’ve used during your studies - I’d like to make a comprehensive blacklist.





No comments:

Post a Comment