How Jared increased his LSAT score by 20+ points

This story comes from Jared, who managed to improve his score over 20 points!

But, at first, Jared fell into a trap I suspect many of you have - bad study materials.
Here’s what he had to say about the prep book he picked up:

“Kaplan bolstered my confidence to such an insane degree that I couldn’t help but feel like the difficulty of the LSAT was overly exaggerated. For assumption questions, “you simply have to find the missing link,” logic games are merely “a matter of following rules,” using grids with Xs and checkmarks is “the best way to diagram a matching game,” reading comprehension is easy “because the answers are all in the passage.”

Words like simple, simply, easy, and the like permeated the prep book, and I felt my confidence inflate every time I read them. I never took a cold test because I wasn’t interested in a score that reflected total unfamiliarity with the LSAT. I finished working through my Kaplan book at the end of June, picked up the most recent prep-test I could find early July, set aside a Saturday morning and prepared to annihilate the LSAT.   


I scored a 152”

Ouch. Not only that, but Jared admits he cheated quite a bit on that practice exam by giving himself more time and even peeking at answers when he had it narrowed down to two choices. So he figures his actual score was probably closer to 140.


The good news is Jared found my site (and all the free resources it contains), and began diligently studying.


When all was said and done, Dan scored a 164 on this LSAT!

He’s got a lot of good advice in his LSAT Diary, so you should definitely go check it out when you get time.


If you get a lot of the LSAT Diaries, there’s a lot more where these came from. In fact, I have a whole page dedicated to LSAT Diary success stories.


As always, you can be featured yourself in the LSAT Diaries whether you’ve taken the test or not! Just shoot me an email to share yours.

All this hard work will pay off, I promise!

Your LSAT Cheerleader,
Steve


Recommended Resources:

1. LSAT Courses
The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.

2. LSAT Day-By-Day Study Plans
Preparing for the LSAT is confusing. There are dozens of prep books and practice tests out there, and 1,000+ articles on my website alone. When, and how, should you use them all? These super-specific study plans give you a clear plan of attack.

3. LSAT Checklists
All the little items and details students don't usually think of. They hold you accountable and help you make sure you're not missing anything.






No comments:

Post a Comment