LSAT Diary: Kate, Former Kaplan LSAT Course Student

Kate: I'm so glad to hear that you found the blog and everything useful. Congrats on your 20-point increase and all your law school acceptances!


***

Kate's LSAT Diary (posted on the LSAT Blog Facebook Page):

Hello all, I am Kate from Texas. My law school quest has actually been quite a struggle. I have tried twice now to take the LSAT. The first time was a complete disaster. The second attempt was a success, thanks to several factors, one of which was Steve and his clear outlines and techniques.

I have tried several LSAT classes including Kaplan’s Premier online course as well as Kaplan’s instructor led course. If you have already taken a course or have even looked into taking a course you know how expensive it can be. Mine, when all was said and done was over $6000.00 in tuition and fees.

While Kaplan’s materials and basic methods were helpful, they did not do well when asked to explain anything. I remember very clearly asking my instructor to define “outside the scope” and how to recognize the “scope shift” to which she replied that I was supposed to know it because the answer key “said so.” Later she came up to me and told me that she thought I might need special tutoring because I did not understand the concepts fast enough. Needless to say I did not do well on that first LSAT.

However, I found that Steve differs greatly when it comes to explaining basic concepts. He very clearly lays a foundation on which you can build your training. Ok really, everyone learns differently, and at their own pace. Steve provided several different options ranging from multi-month study outlines, recommending certain texts over others and giving specific explanation as to why, weekly blogs that review requested material, outlines of every problem on every test and how it is solved, and of course tutoring.

I raised my LSAT score over 20 points by using the resources available to me via Steve, study and hard work. I have been accepted to several schools across the country. Now my decision is accepting one of them.





1 comment:

  1. My experience trying to find a trustworthy essay service was a rollercoaster until I read a comprehensive review that changed my perspective. The writer's experience mirrored my concerns and helped me navigate my options with more confidence. For those curious, this is where I found it: https://nocramming.com/essaypro-review . It’s not just about getting the assignment done, but ensuring it’s up to the mark, and this review helped me see that.

    ReplyDelete