LSAT Diary: Studying in Korea

“This will too pass”

Each morning, I slowly wake up to my dazzling analog alarm clock I bought a month ago to reorganize my life around LSAT. It was one of my initial investments to win this battle.

As I look out to the window from my cozy room at the dormitory of the school I work at, I could feel and shiver at the bitter cold without a step outside. The winter has once again have arrived here in Korea and my life without a warning. This will be surprisingly my 27th winter. Each winter, though it seems so long and sometimes brutally cold, thankfully I have survived each one.

For first two hours my morning, my room is filled with aroma from freshly brewed coffee and voices hovering in the Korean radio. Since students are on break, I am a sole guardian of this dormitory located in the out in the woods. I usually spend another ten minutes starting my car and scraping the freshly built snow pile on my car. After being greeted by two dogs and cats which I find it grateful since there are no signs of people in the area, I drive out into a small city’s library located 12 miles away from my school to start another battle within me.

There, I found my sweet spot to engage this brutal winter of mine, LSAT. The toughest about this exam is that though I am planting the seeds constantly, I see no signs of fruits or life. Yet, I am here at the library once again writing up this diary and hopefully I could endure another 10 hour study day at the library.

What keeps me going though is my mom. Her endless support and encouragement has been overflowing with love. Though sometimes I feel anxious not to let her down, I know that she loves me no matter the result of this test. Most importantly, my calling to defend the weak and be a voice for the voiceless and orphans and widows have been my fuel in this journey.

I am learning to self-government and understand how to manage a day. What it means to take care of my mind and physical body to endure a long lasting battle. I am also thankful for this opportunity to write a diary for Steve’s blog and at same time it gives me a sense of accountability and a time to reflect my journey. Most importantly, knowing and accepting my true identity as a person and not by a score or an admission to a school or a bar exam is foremost.




1 comment:

  1. With our "do my chemistry homework" https://domyessay.com/do-my-chemistry-homework service, you can say goodbye to the stress and frustration of trying to navigate complex chemistry concepts on your own. Our experts will provide you with clear explanations, step-by-step solutions, and personalized guidance to help you succeed.
    Don't let chemistry homework overwhelm you any longer. Trust our team to do your chemistry homework for you, so you can focus on other important tasks and enjoy peace of mind knowing that your assignments are in good hands.

    ReplyDelete