LSAT advice: no waking up at 4AM to study

Just wanted to share with you one of the best productivity hacks I've discovered:

"Morning ME Time"


I am.....I try to be a morning person.

For years, I've been hearing about how successful CEOs wake up early to get stuff done.

Even Benjamin Franklin 
is quoted to have said:
LSAT Morning
 
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man (or woman) healthy, wealthy, and wise get a top LSAT score."


What I didn't realize is:


***They're not doing their most difficult work for that day while still sleep-drunk and in PJs.***


Instead, they take the time to have coffee, read the paper, exercise, meditate, etc., THEN go to their office and start their workday.


When I first tried waking up early to cram more LSAT hours into my day...I found I wasn't getting much out of those hours.

Things just wouldn't click. My brain wouldn't work as quickly as I needed it to.

Looking back, this actually shouldn't be that surprising.

Turns out, being "sleep-drunk" is a real thing.

Researchers found:


"For a short period, at least, the effects of sleep inertia may be as bad as or worse than being legally drunk..."


If you can't do LSAT questions when you're sober, how can you do them while you're drunk?

So after learning this, I changed things up.

Now, for the first two hours after waking up, I let myself do pretty much whatever I want (work out, read news, check email).

Since making this change to observe "Morning ME Time," I've inadvertently gotten:

* More relaxed.

* A ton of extra reading and exercise done.

* Increased length of concentration when I DO work.


To find out how to fit LSAT studying into your day (without being sleep drunk, or just plain drunk)...

Read the full article on Finding Time for LSAT Prep  --->

Sincerely,
Steve Schwartz


P.S. Have you downloaded my free Easy LSAT cheat sheet yet? 

Recommended Resources:

1. LSAT Courses

The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.

2. LSAT Day-By-Day Study Plans
Preparing for the LSAT is confusing. There are dozens of prep books and practice tests out there, and 1,000+ articles on my website alone. When, and how, should you use them all? These super-specific study plans give you a clear plan of attack.

3. LSAT Cheat Sheets
Based on what I'd typically do in college: read what the professor emphasized and condense it all onto a single piece of paper. It gave me a quick reference, making things a lot less threatening and a lot more manageable.





No comments:

Post a Comment