More LSAT Strategies From Top Scorers

Ok, sometimes sequels can be disappointments. The Matrix Reloaded, Dumb and Dumberer, any Die Hard past the second one…a lot of times it's hard to follow up on a good thing.

But sometimes they work! The Godfather Part II, Toy Story 2, and THIS ARTICLE.


That’s a roundabout way of saying we’re back for another edition of our “LSAT Strategies from Top Scorers” two-part series.

I've got five more strategies from my students along with their scores so you can benefit from some of the knowledge they’ve gained along their LSAT journey. 


1. "Show enthusiasm in your preparation efforts. The LSAT is so important that its only purpose is to determine your future. You should treat the test with respect. Be bold in your preparation efforts. If others mock your zeal, cast them aside: they are not your true supporters." - Samson, 174

2. "[T]his structured other parts of my life. I began focusing more on sleep and fitness as a means of preparing my body for the test. I completed homework earlier to have time to study. I drank less to keep my mind sharp. All steps in the direction of maximum performance. Obsession worked for me… I don’t know how to induce it, but if you can get there, the score increase will shortly follow." - Brandon, improved from 150 to 170

3. "When I went back and looked at my previous exams I found that I was not spending enough time analyzing the rules and diagramming some important inferences...The result was a very vague understanding of the game as a whole, and left me occupied with each individual question for far too long. Once I began to properly diagram and analyze the game before moving onto the questions, I was able to knock off some of them in a matter of seconds." - Dan, improved from 141 to 168

4. "Studying needs to be like work...Schedule time to fit it in. Write one practice exam under timed conditions at least once per week. Write an exam under non-timed conditions at least once per week. Compare the two and determine where time is affecting you (and just do more questions to get faster) and where your skill is affecting you." - Kelly, improved from 150s to 170

5. "Don’t try to grasp all of the subtle nuances of the logic games section right away. First work on the fundamentals: the rules, the action, and the variables. Familiarity will reveal patterns and as you get more comfortable with how rules work, the ability to make deductions will increase." - Jared, improved from 140ish to 164


Need more? You can find a LOT more tips just like these in the LSAT Diaries ------>


Next time, we’re going to talk about what happens when these strategies stop inching you closer to your goal. (A pretty scary place to be!)


Til then,

LSAT Steve


Recommended Resources:
1. LSAT Courses
The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.

2. LSAT Day-By-Day Study Plans
Preparing for the LSAT is confusing. There are dozens of prep books and practice tests out there, and 1,000+ articles on my website alone. When, and how, should you use them all? These super-specific study plans give you a clear plan of attack.

3. LSAT Checklists
All the little items and details students don't usually think of. They hold you accountable and help you make sure you're not missing anything.






No comments:

Post a Comment