Mindfulness reduces LSAT stress and anxiety

Now don't get me wrong - hitting the books and spending time at libraries and cafes to go over LSAT questions is important. And when you’re good at it - it can actually be fun!

But “mindfulness meditation" adds another dimension to becoming an LSAT ninja.

FACT: Most students who meditate AREN'T wannabe yogis looking to move to India and eat a bowl of rice a day.

No.

Like you, most students who meditate just wanna increase their LSAT scores. Reduce stress. Improve focus. Chill out. Stop worrying.

And mindfulness meditation is the PERFECT method for doing that.


Some tips to get the most out of meditation...
You want to “start small.”

Even just a couple minutes works well.

But not just a couple minutes of worrying about the LSAT.

Buddhists call this “maya” (aka illusion or deception).


Check out this photo\ of me meditating and focusing on my breath.
Steve meditating
Don't laugh.

It works! :)

But if you don't want to “focus on your breath”, make sure you at least put your phone in the other room (or on Silent / “Airplane Mode.”

Man, I see it so often. People try to meditate and end up stressing more about the time they’re “wasting.”

Seriously.

Let me give you a massive tip. FIRST make the effort to put aside other distractions for a few minutes.

What do I mean by distractions?

You know...

Instagram. Netflix. Or your roommates / significant other. Whatever keeps you from focusing on what REALLY matters.

Put other things aside. Focus. When other stuff pops into your mind, recognize that it happened.

Then push it away again.

Allowing distractions while you meditate to stress you out is a surefire way to…
allow LSAT questions to stress you out on Test Day.

If you want to let your mind wander when you don’t understand an LSAT question, keep checking “feeds” on your phone.

If you want to stay focused and hammer away at questions relentlessly until it all finally CLICKS, try meditating. Social media turns you into a dopamine junkie.

Mindfulness builds focus.

Hence why “mindfulness meditation” works so well.

It’s the first thing top scorers mention to me when I ask them about their daily habits.

Now.

I cover this and a ton more in my Guide to Overcoming Test Anxiety that I wrote for my "inner-circle" students.

So tell you what...

Since you’ve been paying attention over the past several months, I'll give you a copy of this exclusive guide - for free.

Just reach out and let me know you read this article.

Talk soon,
Steve


P.S. Here are two "quality" mindfulness books I highly recommend:

Great for anyone just starting out:
Mindfulness in Plain English

Excellent for those who already meditate or just want the concepts:
The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety
I’ve read both of them a lot over the years, and they’ve been really helpful. Definitely give them a shot.


P.P.S. Over the next few weeks, I'll start doing a deep dive into Logic Games - so, if you're having trouble with those - not to worry! You'll be getting plenty of strategies for them pretty soon - stay tuned!


Recommended Resources:

1. LSAT Courses
The best of my LSAT material with exclusive access to attend my Live Online LSAT Master Classes + Q&As, and on-demand video lessons you can watch anytime. Plus, LSAT study plans to keep you on track. Save hundreds of dollars with an LSAT course package.

2. LSAT Day-By-Day Study Plans
Preparing for the LSAT is confusing. There are dozens of prep books and practice tests out there, and 1,000+ articles on my website alone. When, and how, should you use them all? These super-specific study plans give you a clear plan of attack.

3. LSAT Cheat Sheets
Based on what I'd typically do in college: read what the professor emphasized and condense it all onto a single piece of paper. It gave me a quick reference, making things a lot less threatening and a lot more manageable.






No comments:

Post a Comment