3 surprising discoveries about LSAT prep

Today, I'm going to do something different. Something other LSAT pros don't typically do.

It'll be my gift to you - a "thank-you" for choosing to invest your time with me by continuing to read my articles.

I'm going to share three surprising discoveries that helped me gain a deep understanding of the LSAT mindset. 

Here's how I developed the critical thinking skills necessary to improve my score from the low 150s to 175:

Surprising Discovery #1: It's All About the Review


Back when I was studying for the LSAT, I took exam after exam, trusting in the saying "practice makes perfect.

Turns out, there's much more to it than that.

And when it comes to LSAT prep, the more you "practice," the more your score might drop!

After all, burnout is real. And taking exams without learning from mistakes is worse than doing nothing because you waste time studying that you could've been using productively. It also uses up valuable practice material.

Think about the last time you took a full-length exam. How long did you spend reviewing it? And what did you get out of the process?

What do you think most people do? And what do they learn from taking exams, aside from how much "room for improvement" they have?

When everyone else zigs, you have to zag. That means doing the deep work necessary to understand the test from the test-makers' perspective. My improvements came after I took fewer exams and reviewed them in more depth.

Sometimes you have to slow down to speed up.



Surprising Discovery #2: Action over Perfection

After getting discouraged by my repeated low scores, I'd fall into procrastination traps and stop doing questions altogether. Instead, I'd just read random blogs and forums, hoping for the one key insight that would change everything.

It turned out that the key insights - the ones that skyrocketed my scores into the 170s - didn't come from page 11 of some message board thread. They came from mastering the process of test preparation. Not being afraid to fail.

In fact, I started seeing my low scores and incorrect answers as learning opportunities to deepen my understanding. To see the patterns in my mistakes. To spot all the tricks the test-makers use.

The more questions I got wrong, the more I learned.

Action over Perfection.



Surprising Discovery #3: FUN

Studying for the LSAT doesn't have to be boring. And it doesn't have to make you feel stupid. In fact, I found myself more engaged - and even excited to study when I started treating it like a joke.

Of course, I took the preparation process seriously, but I found things about the exam to laugh at. Like the ridiculous names and topics they use in Logic Games. Or the weirdly flawed arguments that no one would ever make it real life.

Once I started to notice that the LSAT's test-makers are basically trolling us a lot of the time, I started to ENJOY studying because it gave me a chance to call them out on their BS.

So I made a fun little quiz where I put LSAT and Kanye quotes side by side --
LSAT vs. Kanye
And ask you to tell who said each.

Because, let's face it, sometimes the LSAT says things that make you go, "Uhhhhhh.....WTF?" 

And so do politicians and celebrities (like Kanye)!
Believe it or not, getting a perfect score on this isn't as easy as it might sound at first. (A lot of people got #8 wrong.)

Kanye wasn't the only one making flawed or strange statements, though.

I even started noticing flawed arguments that my friends and family made! At first, I made the mistake of pointing this out and causing some unnecessary conflicts, but I learned to keep some of these thoughts to myself and save those insights for my LSAT prep.

As part of my review process, I started looking at LSAT arguments and making analogies to real-world situations.

Once I started seeing the exam that way, I began to enjoy the LSAT prep process(!), and my score started to rise.

Do you see how this could totally change how you study for the LSAT?

What would change for you if you started to legitimately have fun studying for the LSAT during those the 5, 10, 15, or 20+ hours a week you're investing?

What if you could make real-world analogies to the crazy arguments the LSAT contains? And what if it got to the point where you actually enjoyed studying?

When you focus on the stuff that truly makes a difference in your prep, and have fun doing so, you'll get results that surprise everyone, including yourself.

These subtle mindshift shifts are where the magic happens. It's not about memorizing some company's trademarked "trick" or unique diagramming style. It's all about a few subtle mindset shifts:

First, you can take exam after exam. But it doesn't matter if you don't learn anything from your mistakes. So you'd better figure out what you're doing wrong so you can fix it and improve for next time.

Second, browsing forums with all the other procrastinators else kills motivation and wastes time. Ask yourself what insights you're gaining from your time online? What if you had to justify your time spent to your boss? If you don't have a good answer, it's time to adjust your approach.

Third - and this is my favorite - you can ENJOY the process and learn to love the LSAT. It's a complete rewiring of how we typically think about the exam. But it makes all the difference. Once you look forward to studying, everything will change for you.

So, you have a choice today. I’m not going to beat you over the head telling you the dozens of reasons to join the LSAT courses.

I could tell you how what I offer is different than any other prep course out there. I could also show you all the tactics, tools, and strategies I use to help students achieve 15+ score increases and break into the 170s, even for the toughest cases.

But here's the one thing that matters:


You’re reading a 1,000+ word article about the LSAT.



There are a million other things you could be doing right now. But you've chosen to keep reading my articles for a reason.

If you choose not to join, that's ok -- I’ll still keep sharing free material that’s better than what you'll find in anyone else’s paid courses.

You could try to do this on your own and do what most students do. Buy a few books, hit the library, and give it your best shot.

But here's how I think about it......once you’ve decided to commit to improving your LSAT score, wouldn’t you want to give yourself every advantage possible? Wouldn't you want to get all the help you could?

And when you’ve made the decision to learn and improve, wouldn’t you want to learn from the person whose material you’re reading right now?

If so, I’d like to invite you to join.

Click here to join and improve your LSAT score today.

-Steve



P.S. As a member, you'll get the tools, tactics, and strategies I've previously shared with only my one-on-one students - including the exact step-by-step system I've used to help thousands increase their scores into the 160s and 170s. You'll also get early exclusive access to my premium materials as I create them. Join now.

P.P.S. Joining the courses is 100% risk-free. That means you can try them out for a month, then decide if they're right for you. If you don't love them, just let me know and I'll refund all your money. But I'm confident they'll help you improve your LSAT score and get into the law school of your dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment